Sunday, January 23, 2011

Scrumptious Sunday! Turkey Hill Cold Churned Strawberry Cheesecake


Losing weight means to make the right choices but you can splurge a little, but when you do make sure it with the right things. Now a days companies light option taste as good as a full fat product. What you don't know about me, the Fitness Mama is that I am obsessed with ice cream! I know I need ice cream therapy, it's sad but true, I have ice cream up to three times a day. What you say? How can you maintain your 115lbs by eating that much ice cream?! Well I do so by portioning it out, picking the right ice creams, working out 5-6 days a week and by eating right the rest of the day! Portion control is key to eating your splurgy (yes splurgy is the new word of the day) foods when trying to lose weight. One of the ice creams I am really into right now (yes I go through ice cream fads ice cream is the new pink!) is Turkey Hill's Light Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream.


When I go for my ice cream I grab my trusty 1/2 cup scoop (this is my baby and I trust her with no one!) and place her in my ice cream bowl. I then proceed to fill her with the cold creamy beautiful ice cream (too much?). I admit I do tend to top off just a tad (so I'm probably getting 140 calories per portion). I then take my ice cream and slowly enjoy every bite.


Turkey Hill's Strawberry Cheesecake is amazing. It is full of chunks of cheesecake and has ribbons of strawberry jelly running through the cream cheese flavored ice cream. The flavors in this ice cream will definitely subside that cheesecake craving you might have and is definitely much healthier that a sliver of the deadly dessert. The fact that this ice cream is is only 120 cals and 3.5 grams of fat per 1/2 cup is fantastic!



If there is an ice cream flavor you'd like me to try for you hit me up!

~Fitness Mama
Samantha's Day

2 comments:

  1. Oohh..I love the Turkey Hill Moose Tracks Light...it helps quall my chocolate cravings. I tip given to me at a TOPS meeting long ago was scoop it out into your measuring cups so you know you are getting the correct measurement, then use a baby spoon to eat each bite. It lasts longer & makes you savor every bite!
    Look forward to your posts!
    Thanks
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. @michele I love baby spoons for that EXACT reason. lol!!

    ReplyDelete