Sunday, February 13, 2011

Scrumptious Sundays Sugar Free Syrup Vs Regular Syrup


You know what my favorite breakfast is? Eggo Waffles and syrup. Yup you can have a waffle breakfast for 220 cals! Did you know that Eggo waffles are only 190 cals for 2 waffles?! It's normally the syrup that makes waffles unhealthy, so why not fix that. There are three pretty good sugar free syrups out there, Cary's, Aunt Jemima and Log Cabin. 




Out of all of them Log Cabin has the healthiest stats combined with the best taste. Yes I said taste, you can have sugar free syrup that taste awesome. I always measure out my serviving and did you realize that a 1/4 cup servering is pleantly to bathe my waffles in a nice syrupy goodness and have extra to lick off the plate when I'm done! This syrup may be a bit runny for folks who are use to regular thick syrup but if you can get use the consistency you'll save yourself a ton of calories. Lets take a look at the nutrion info of sugar free vs the regular shall we?


Sugar Free Log Cabin Syrup
Regular Log Cabin Syrup
So you get twice as much syrup to drench your waffles/pancakes in with the sugar free! If you put 1/4 a cup of regular you'd be adding 200 cals to your breakfast instead of 20! That's a whole extra 0! I don't know about you but I'll take a 220 cal breakfast over a 400 cal any day! Do you think you could give up your regular syrup for sugar free?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
~Fitness Mama

Samantha's Day

3 comments:

  1. What makes it sweet if it isn't sugar? Aspartame? Saccharine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I love syrup. How do you have time to both blog and workout? As I write, my weight goes up and up and my muscle tone is going away and I haven't gone running in 4 months. ARGH! Keep inspiring me, bathing suit season is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want waffles. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete