Monday, February 7, 2011

My Progress

Alright so we all know that I have been having issues with my depression or w/e it is exactly so my activity levels haven't been AS amazing as they should be.  But with just watching what I eat and making a conscience decision to try not to sit down ALL the time I have managed to get myself to 196!! Horay so i'm one pound lower than I was when I lost that first three pounds!  EXCITING!!

Now I want to really stress this.  It is important to think about both your physical and mental health when attempting to better yourself and lifestyle.  So I wanted to take the time here to outline what some of the symptoms are for depression.
  1. Loss of interest in things you normally enjoy.
  2. Feeling down, depressed, or hopeless.
  3. Thoughts of death or suicide. 
  4. Feeling worthless or guilty or empty.
  5. Problems falling asleep, staying asleep, waking too early or sleeping too much.
  6. Unexplained decrease or increase in appetite, resulting in weight gain or loss within the last month.
  7. Trouble thinking, concentrating, remembering, and making decisions.
  8. Extreme tiredness or lack of energy that interferes with your ability to work or take care of your daily responsibilities.
  9. Feeling restless, unable to sit still, or abnormally slow when moving.
I have 8/9 of these symptoms, luckily number three isn't veering it's ugly face, which is one of the reasons as to why i'm hesitant to take medication, as SOMETIMES medications can worsen your symptoms and THAT I don't really need.  All I can do is sit and wait for my appointment, where I can discuss my options, concerns etc.  I hope to figure out a way to manage my symptoms in the best possible way for myself.  

3 comments:

  1. I agree that sometimes medication can worsen your depression symptoms and I think you should try every option out there before you start meds. But sometimes medication is the only way to get out of the funk and move forward in life. Also for me (I've had depression before haven't we all) I found that exercising and getting out and doing something out of the house everyday (like going to the gym) really helped a lot. I guess my biggest thing was accomplishing something, if I can accomplish something, besides taking care of kids, every day (even if it just doing all the laundry and dishes) it really seemed to motivate me into remembering that life was good, I was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Exercise IS a great stress relief and might be able to help you get through until your appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep on losing that pounds!

    following you now: http://turknoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete