Sunday, February 6, 2011

Scrumptious Sundays Special K Protein Meal Bar Review


When choosing a protein bar there is a lot to consider with the huge variety out there now. You need to think about what you want to get out of your protein bar. Is it the grams of protein, cals, fat, carbs or even price since bars can get pretty pricey. Personally I like my protein bars to be 200 cals or under and have at least 10 grams of protein, tasting good also kinda factors in lol.


I'm digging the Special K Protein Meal Bars right now. The two flavors I have tried so far are, Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Meal Bar and Double Chocolate Protein Meal Bar. These two bars have pretty much the same nutrition info give or take a stat or two. They each pack 10 grams of protein which is awesome if you need to make up for some in your diet, like me! But the best part about these bars is they taste really good! I love to nosh on my bar after it's been marinading in the freezer for a while. The coldness of the bar just puts it over the top! These bars are basically candied peanut buttery rice cereal enrobed in chocolate (OOOO I like that work enrobed). Think of it as a healthy rice crispy
treat!.


They are one of the more affordable bars out there as well. I got a 24 pack at Bj's for $17 and change! That is freaking awesome for a protein bar with this much nutrition! I say you should definitely give these puppies a try weather you want to use then as a post workout bar or just to add some boost to your diet! Special K Protein Meal Bar are definitely a good buy!

~Fitness Mama

Samantha's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment